This company is a specialist rehabilitation care provider that works to provides a range of personalised supports and services to people with disabilities, their families and carers in the home and across the community.
This company genuinely care about their clients and staff. Their aim is to provide you with the work that you are looking for and they offer a variety of working hours and work locations to suit your needs and to fit in with your lifestyle. This is an amazing company to work for and they believe in the importance of professional development, offering both online and face-to-face training.
Your role as a Team Leader will be to support the company in providing personalised supports and services to their clients, within the community, residential homes and other settings and to assist with enabling the client to achieve maximum personal independence.
In addition, Team Leaders may provide assistance to people with disabilities or other persons that may have multiple impairments to undertake everyday tasks that they are unable to perform without the assistance of another person.
This is a senior support worker role reporting to the Senior Team Leader and you will be required to work up to full-time hours through the week.
As a Team Leader, you may also be required to:
- Be involved in the development and planning of Individual Support Plans (ISPs)
- Consult with the Residential Co-ordinator and liaise with medical practitioners concerning the health requirements of clients
- Ensure on each shift all meds charts and medication are administered as prescribed.
- Provide supervision and support to residential staff in the implementation of ISPs, policies procedures and other administrative issues
- Co-ordinate rosters within each residential setting to ensure adequate amounts of support to clients
- Meet regularly with the Senior Team Leader to formally discuss issues related to professional development, service issues and resident's needs
- Participate in the recruitment and selection and appraisal of residential staff
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in the area of community services;
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, advocates, other staff, families, carers and other professionals
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or as a sole worker within the community;
- Satisfactory Police Check/National Name Check;
- Current Certificate in Applied First Aid; & Current CPR Accreditation.
- Certificate IV in Disability or higher/equivalent
- Certificate III in Home & Community Care / Aged Care / Community Services
- Medication Administration training/certificate
- Current Driver's License
- Previous Team Leader experience
This company encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click "Apply Now" below, attaching your resume.
For further details on this and a range of other nursing prospects across Australia and New Zealand, call Samantha on (02) 9078 8198.